This form covers areas related to the services offered by JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd, including payment, cancelation, confidentiality, security, social media, and other issues with regards to the professional conduct. Acceptance of this document is a requirement before beginning any form of therapy with JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd.
Cancellations / Missed Sessions
A minimum of 24 hours is necessary for cancellation either by email or telephone. If notice is given within the 24 hours of the allocated time, or you miss the session, 100% of the fee will be retained. Exceptions to this are if technical issues are experienced for online sessions. Sessions are begun and finished on time, 15 minutes grace will be given for either online or face-to-face appointments.
Payments are made at the time of booking and can be paid on an adhoc basis, or as a package. Insurance payments are not accepted at this time.
Confidentiality and Security
JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. We respect your confidentiality and only release information about you in accordance to United Kingdom laws, or according to State and Federal Laws if based in the United States of America. Further JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd and all employees have a legal, moral obligation and responsibility to clients and staff to protect against the unauthorised release of confidential information including: client records, employee records, clinical data, and/or organisational information regarding physical conditions, financial status, or personal data to unauthorised persons or organisations. During Supervision aspects of our work may be discussed, but your identity will be kept confidential at all times. Supervision is a requirement of al governing bodies and ensures that those at JK & Associates Therapy Services are practicing to the best of their abilities and within their personal and individual capabilities.
There will be no identifying numbers or names associated with your records, rather just a client number ensuring your protection of data. On completion of your therapy your records will be kept for a maximum of two months on the computer and then removed. Exchanges between yourself and your therapist and records pertaining to these exchanges are the property of the therapist. It is illegal for direct information or parts of the record to be posted or circulated on forums, social media sites or to third parties. Your information is protected as best as it can be, it would be appreciated if the same was done in return.
This is a therapeutic exchange, not a friendship. That being the case any requests to engage socially on networking sites, professional or otherwise will not be excepted. This is to protects and maintains the work that is done, along with creating ethical and appropriate boundaries.
Technical issues for the Online Counselling aspect
If technical experiences are experienced, either party will immediately contact each other through text messaging. If connection is still not possible after an agreed amount of time the session will be re-scheduled at no cost to yourself.
Information about you may be disclosed without your consent in the following circumstances:
- Emergencies. Sufficient information may be shared to address an immediate emergency you are facing.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. We may disclose your personal health information in the course of a judicial or administrative proceeding in response to a valid court order or other lawful process.
- Public Health Activities. If we felt you were an immediate danger to yourself or others, we may disclose information about you to the authorities, as well as alert any other person who may be in danger.
- Child/Elder Abuse. We are duty bound by law to disclose health information about you related to the suspicion of child and/or elder abuse or neglect. If a child, adolescent, or elderly reports being abused the therapist is duty bound to report this to the local relevant government agency.
- Criminal Activity or Danger to Others. We may disclose information if a crime is committed on our premises or against our personnel, or if we believe there is someone who is in immediate danger.
- National Security, Intelligence Activities, and Protective Services. We may release information about you to authorised officials as authorised by law in order to protect national or international figures, or in cases of national security.
- Health Oversight Activities. We may disclose health information to a health oversight agency foractivities authorised by law. These activities might include audits or inspections and are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system and assure compliance with civil rights laws. Regulatory and accrediting organisations may review your case record to ensure compliance with their requirements. The minimum necessary information will be provided in these instances.
- Research/Supervision. Under certain circumstances, JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd may use and disclose information for research and/or supervision. Before we do so, the project will go through a special approval process that includes a consent form for clients to sign if they are included in the research study/supervision. Even without the special approval, however, JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd may permit researchers affiliated with JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd to look at non-identifying information to help them plan research projects.
- Marketing. JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd may send you newsletters or information about services we provide in which we feel you might be interested. You may at any time request that your name be removed from our mailing list. We will not knowingly disclose any information to a third party for their use in telemarketing, direct mail marketing, or marketing through electronic mail.
- Fundraising/Activities. JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd may use certain client demographic information to contact you about fundraising, ministries, workshops, training events, calendars of events, etc. JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd regularly seeks contributions from the general public to support our charitable and educational programs such as free therapy for children and families in low-income communities, a reduced-fee clinic, student scholarships, and research projects. If you do not wish to be contacted about fundraising, send a written request to JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd, Foxley Cottage, Foxley Lane, Binfield, Berkshire. RG42 4EG.
If you are experiencing extreme distress or suicidal thoughts it is recommended that you contact your local emergency provider by dialling 999 or the Samaritans on their 24hr helpline (UK) 08457 909090 or (ROI) 1850 609090.
Acceptance of Informed Consent
By undertaking and using the services within JK & Associates Therapy Services Ltd you accept, agree and understand the above agreement.